Bhrigu Lake Trek From Manali
Bhrigu lake (also known as Brighu lake) is a 4 day high altitude (14,000 Ft) trek from Manali. During this trek you get to see magnificent view of Himalayan peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Seven sisters etc. On the journey you will come across old mountain villages nestled in valleys, with shepherds & their cattle herds. If one does this trek in May, one might encounter snow in the trek trail, which otherwise will melt as summer progresses. With ever changing weather, Bhrigu lake is a perfect trek to experience the nature & weather in its true beauty.
Group Size5 to 10
Bhrigu Lake or Brighu Lake is a lake located at an height of around 14,000 ft or 4,300 mts in Kullu district (Himachal Pradesh, India). Accessible from Manali, Bhrigu lake located to the east of Rohtang Pass and is around 6 Kms from Gulaba village. Over period of time, trek to Bhrigu lake has become one of the most popular treks as its relatively easy and is of only 4 days.
- Day 1: Manali To Gulaba 25km 1hour drive, then one hour trek to Gulaba campsite 10200ft.
- Day 2: Trek from Gulaba (10,200 ft) to Rola Kholi (12,500 ft)
- Day 3: Rola Kholi to Pandu Ropa (11,800 ft) Via Bhrigu Lake (14,000 ft) 14km, 7-8hours trek.
- Day 4:Pandu Ropa To Vashist (6,800 ft) 8km, 6hours trek.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Info.
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Max Altitude: 14,000 ft
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Approx Trekking Km: 34 Km
- Region: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
How To Reach Manali (Entry & Exit Point for Bhrigu Lake Trek)
The Nearest Airport Which Is 52 Km From Manali Is Bhunlar Airport. Cab Services Are Available Costing 700-1000 Rs From Manali. Bhuntar Is Well Connected By Delhi
Manali Is Well Connected To Delhi You Can Take Overnight Bus From Delhi And You Will Reach Manali In 12-14 Hours. Tickets Can Be Booked Online
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals during trek
- Necessary Permits and first aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide, and support staff.
- Oxygen Cylinder and stretcher for emergency case.
- High altitude rescue expert trek leader.
- Necessary equipments for climbing, ropes, ice axe and other technical gear for climbing.
- Transportations Manali to Gulaba and return Gulaba to Manali
- Any type of personal expenses
- Extra snacks and meals during trek from shop
- Insurance of the trip
- Things not mentioned under Inclusions
- Mule or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Personal gear, and equipment
Day 1: Manali To Gulaba 25km 1hour drive, then one hour trek to Gulaba campsite 10200ftClick here to expand
Pick up is from Main Govt Bus Stand, Manali at 12:00pm. From Manali we drive to Gulaba village and it will roughly take one hour depending on traffic. Same day we then trek for one hour to reach Gulaba campsite. Overnight we will stay in tents and call it early night post dinner.
Day 2: Trek from Gulaba (10,200 ft) to Rola Kholi (12,500 ft)Click here to expand
On day 2, after breakfast we start the trek again to Rola Kholi. This trek to Rola Kholi is approx 6-7km trek and will approx 4-5 hours to reach. This trek entails hiking through forest and meadows, while offering fabulous view of Manali Valley. Our campsite at Rola Kholi is a scenic campsite and will be covered from mountains (thus giving us protection from winds). The water streams flows around the campsite, giving a chance for trekkers to play with water. Overnight we stay in camps and depending on group energy, we will call it early night post dinner.
Day 3: Rola Kholi to Pandu Ropa (11,800 ft) Via Bhrigu Lake (14,000 ft) 14km, 7-8 hours trekClick here to expand
On day 3 we will start our trek little bit early. Approach to Bhrigu Lake is steep and trek is long. Given the height at which the lake is situated, trek does become bit difficult as we have to cross boulders and streams. After spending good amount of time around the lake Bhrigu, we will then start our descent to Pandu Ropa.
Note:- In case there is lots of snow on the route of Vashist, we will then not descend to Pandu Ropa and return towards Rola Kholi Only.
Day 4: Pandu Ropa To Vashist (6,800 ft) 8km, 6 hours trekClick here to expand
Day 4, which is the last day of the trek is a bit tricky. Some of the last sections of this trek are quite steep & slippery at some places. One will have to walk carefully and there is no need to hurry. We will trek through Pine forests and Apple orchids. Do not pluck apple with out the permissions of the owners. Trek ends in Vashist village, which is famous for hot water springs. If you want you can bath here and enjoy hot water springs in the cold weather. From Vashist we drive back to Manali.
On reaching Manali, you can either take the night bus journey to Delhi or any other city connected to Manali. Or you can chose to stay back in Manali and head-back next day.
- All accommodation (camps / tents) during trek of 3 nights and 4 days
- Twin sharing basis