Northern Tanzania Safari - Covering Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara
This safari takes you through the highlights of renowned parks of northern Tanzania, The tour starts at Tarangire, famous for its dense wildlife population than to Ngorongoro crater, which supports a year-round resident population of mammals. A visit to Serengeti follows a big game haven that hosts over 3 million large mammals. Finally, we head to Lake Manyara National Park an ornithologists’ paradise known for the elusive tree-climbing lions.
Group Size1 to 25
This safari takes you through the highlights of renowned parks of northern Tanzania, The tour starts at Tarangire, famous for its dense wildlife population than to Ngorongoro crater, which supports a year-round resident population of mammals. A visit to Serengeti follows a big game haven that hosts over 3 million large mammals. Finally, we head to Lake Manyara National Park an ornithologists’ paradise known for the elusive tree-climbing lions. With our experienced driver guides, it will be a trip of a lifetime!
- 2 bottles of mineral water per client per day while on safari
- Transport in a 4x4 Land cruiser in Tanzania with a roof hatch for game viewing
- Government Taxes
- Accommodation in Arusha B/B
- Accommodation in above Camping in standard Tent on full board
- Game drives as mentioned
- Picnic lunches where mentioned
- Airport Transfers
- Services of professional driver-guide while on Safari
- Park entrance fees to the park for clients
- Entrance fees to the park for Car and driver
- A window seat is guaranteed for every passenger
- International departure taxes
- Personal insurance cover
- Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks except mineral water while on safari
- Gratuities, tips, cigarettes, laundry
- Any item of personal nature
- Hot Baloon
- Any other item NOT mentioned above
- Any deviation from the above itinerary
Day 1: Arusha to Tarangire National PArkClick here to expand
After breakfast, drive to Tarangire national park and arrive in time for lunch at the lodge. In the afternoon, we will have a game drive where you can see giant baobab trees, rolling savannah and acacia parkland. This park is famous for its dense wildlife population, which is most spectacular in the dry season between June and September. It is during this period that thousands of animals wildebeest, zebra, eland, hartebeest, buffalo, and oryx migrate from the dry Masai steppe to the Tarangire River in search of water while the predators such as lion and leopards hunt. Afternoon, depart to Karatu village for overnight.
Accommodation: Mto Wa Mbu Public Camping
Day 2: Serengeti National ParkClick here to expand
After Breakfast, Depart to Serengeti National Park, game driving in Serengeti follows home to more than 35 species of plain animals such as zebra, wildebeest, eland, giraffe, among many others. The park is the staging zones for one the most spectacular events in the world- the annual migration of wildebeest. This commences around June where over 3 million wildebeest, zebra and gazelle head for the masai mara in Kenya in search of greener pasture. They are followed closely by the predators of the savanna- lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures. The Serengeti also has over 500 species of birds.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Seronera Public Campsite
Day 3: Serengeti PlainsClick here to expand
After breakfast, enjoy a full day game drive in the Serengeti National Park. The majority of the wildebeest migration normally passes through the Seronera in late November to middle November, when they migrate from Kenya’s Masai Mara in the north to the Ndutu area in the south. The migration then passes through this area again in April when they move west to the Western Corridor of the Serengeti National Park. The Seronera area is also an ideal starting to point to visit the eastern and southern short-grass plains of the Serengeti National Park.
Accommodation: Seronera area
Day 4: Serengeti - Ngorongoro Crater - KaratuClick here to expand
After Breakfast, Early morning drive to Ngorongoro Crater, descend to the Ngorongoro Crater floor for full day game drive, afternoon ascend to the crater rim, The game drive begins with a 600m descent to the crater floor, a magnificent natural amphitheatre. Covering 260 sq. km, the crater is an attraction in its own right and is one of the wonders of the natural world. The crater supports a year-round resident population of a variety of wildlife and you can easily spot lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and other species of plain animals. Afternoon Depart to Serengeti for dinner and overnight stay.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Karatu Public Campsite
Day 5: Karatu - Lake Manyara National Park - ArushaClick here to expand
After Breakfast, Depart to Lake Manyara, Morning games drive in the Lake Manyara National Park. The park covers 330 sq. km, 70% of which is occupied by the lake. The varied ecosystem consists of groundwater forests, acacia woodland and open grassland along the lakeshore and sustains a wealth of wildlife, including the big five -lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo. The park is famous for the elusive tree-climbing lions that inhabit the woodland between the lake and the rift valley. Afternoon Drive to Arusha Town For dinner and overnight stay.
Meals: B, D
Accommodation: Green Mountain Lodge
Day 6: Explore Arusha and Arusha National ParkClick here to expand
Arusha to Arusha National Park takes about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours (52 km).
Arusha National Park's highlights can be seen in a single day, and the park is the only park in Tanzania's northern circuit in which a walking safari is possible.
Arusha National Park is also home to the world's largest population of giraffes, making it a great place to visit for fans of these long-necked, beautiful animals. The park is small but varied with spectacular landscapes in three distinct areas. In the west, the Meru Crater funnels the Jekukumia River; the peak of Mount Meru lies on its rim.
Meals: B, D
Day 7: Head HomeClick here to expand
Its the end of the trip. After Breakfast, Proceed to Kilimanjaro International Airport for flight back Home.
- Lake Manyara - Mto Wa Mbu Public Camping or similar
- Central Serengeti - Seronera Public Campsite / Tukaone Camps OR similar
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area - Rhino Lodge OR similar
- Karatu - Octagon Lodge OR Public Campsite
- Tarangire Simba Lodge OR similar
- Arusha - Green Mountain Lodge OR Tulia Boutique Hotel & Spa OR similar
- It is mandatory to carry the original government-issued any valid ID cards for Indian nationals and original passports for foreign nationals.
- Sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen lotions.
- T-shirt, shirt or blouse - long sleeves and collars help to protect from the sun and mosquitoes (Neutral or Non-bright coloured)
- Comfortable walking shoes (or boots) and socks.
- Preventative pharmaceuticals.
Advance: 10% of the Total Amount
Balance: 40% after all the booking is done
Remaining Balance: 50% 30 days before the travel date
- 10% cancellation charges when cancelled 90 days before the tour date
- 25% cancellation charges when cancelled 60 days before the tour date
- 50% cancellation charges when cancelled 30 days before the tour date
- 100% cancellation charges when cancelled 7 days before the tour date