River Tern Lodge, Bhadra
Nestled in the Western Ghats the River tern lodge gets its name from the nearby island that attracts hundreds of river terns during the breeding season. It is located on a hillock on the edge of the Bhadra reservoir, near Lakkavali: a stone’s throw away from the northern boundary of the Bhadra Tiger Reserve, in the Chikmaglur district. Chikmaglur was once a princess’ dowry – and still holds the charms of a place that a king’s favourite daughter once took as her dowry. Amongst all this, is a perfect place to form a whole new bond with nature
Group Size2 to 10
With the soft ripples of the river’s backwaters providing a subtle background score, rest and tranquility are what this experience is about. The River Tern Lodge is a pleasurable experience from the word go! The Bhadra Tiger Reserve is about 4 km from the Lodge. A jeep safari in the evenings offer the opportunity to sight leopards, gaurs, elephants, crocodiles, deer, wild boars, monitor lizards, etc. Bird-lovers are in for a treat with over 200 species including, grey junglefowl, red spurfowl, Malabar parakeet, etc. calling these forests home. A visit to the Tyverekoppa Lion and Tiger Safari and to the Sakkrebyle Elephant Camp, are also options from the River Tern Lodge. Feel like frolicking in the water a bit? The camp has facilities for kayaking, water trampoline and boating. All water-based activities are supervised by well-trained experts and adhere to stringent safety guidelines. After a well-spent day, come to the Gol Ghar, the camp’s group dining hall for a dinner that closes the day on a perfect note. The buffet serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare.
Package Includes: - Stay - Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast - Jeep Safari into the Bhadra Tiger Reserve - Boat Ride - Bird Watching - Forest entry charges and GST 18%.
Day Visit Includes: - Stay - Boat ride - Lunch and taxes(timing: 11.00 am to 4.30 pm)
- Everything not mentioned in Inclusion.
Day 1 :Click here to expand
12:30 Noon : Check-in
01:30 PM : Lunch
04:00 PM : Tea/Coffee
04:30 PM : Jeep Safari/Boat Safari
07:30 PM : Wildlife film show
08:30 PM : Dinner
Day 2 :Click here to expand
06:00 AM : Wake-up call, tea/coffee
06:30 AM : Jeep Safari/Boat Safari
08:30 AM : Breakfast
09:30 AM : Water Sports
11:00 AM : If you must leave, we look forward to your next visit.The water based activities are subject to weather conditions and are offered with no extra cost.
Ayurveda SPA are also available at an extra cost.
The River Tern lodge has Loghuts & Cottages having its balcony overlooking the placid waters of the Bhadra Reservoir and with a view of the magnificent view of the sunset and air conditioners in the rooms. True to the JLR style, there are no television sets.
Loghut/Cottage - Weekday : Rs.7671 - Weekend : Rs.8850
Day Visit - Weekday : Rs.1840 - Weekend : Rs.1840
- Seasonal hike applicable on above tariff
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis(For single occupancy 30% extra).
- Cottage- Bed and Breakfast package at Rs. 1,900.00 Per person
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis.
- Transfers to & from our resorts are not included in the tariff.
- Single occupancy charges are applicable.
- Tariff for children (accompanying parents) between 5 and 12 years is 50% discount on the tariff.
- Tariff May be changed without prior notice.
- Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Avoid smoking - anything can start a forest fire.
- You'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don't forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc.
- Avoid plastics. We're really trying to cut down on plastics.
- Don't put perfume while going to safari.
- PETS ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED
Life is unpredictable and we understand that sometimes you have to cancel or change your trip dates and it is our endeavor to make it as easy as possible for you. However, please understand that we plan everything including guide fees, permits, accommodation and ration in advance. Therefore, any cancellation means inconvenience and certain losses to the people involved in various stages of the program. Keeping that in mind, our cancellation charges are as below,
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the event: Full refund as cash.
- Cancellations between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the event: 50 % refund as cash.
- Cancellations less than 15 days to the start of the event: No refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted only by email.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a program before departure in the event of logistical problems arising due to natural calamities, strikes, wars or any other circumstances that make the event inadvisable. In this case, we will refund 50% of the event fees.